- What is it that makes the perennial sub-.500 Baltimore Orioles so tough for the Local Nine to handle? There is always, it seems, some mediocre club out there that "has your number." For years through the 1990s, it was the KC Royals, a team which would find some mysterious way to Sink The Sox. Now, it is the O's. ( Are you concerned that the Sox could get close to overtaking the Empire at the end of the season but blow it in the final weekend at Camden Yards?)
- B.Y. Kim? Pls B. Gone. Thnx Theo.
- North Shore Spirit
? Lose Championship round second year in a row. I suppose that is good (better than Bangor folks), and attendance grew substantially this year. This Northeast League franchise is developing a good local following - and deservedly so; a good, affordable time for families and baseball nerds alike. Congratulations on a strong second season Spirit
- on the field and in the stands.
- Are you worried about Keith Foulke in the playoffs? He did go through a rough stretch earlier in the season, remember? He'll be OK I think.
- Big Congratulations go out to the New Hampshire Fisher Cats
, AA Eastern League Champions in their first year in Manchester. They'll open a brand new stadium next year, an opening that can now include a Banner Raising ceremony as well. Looks like AA is in NH to stay, we hope.